Friday, May 9, 2008

Dreaming of Long Hair

I've always wanted to have my own little girl so I could do her hair. I dreamed of her having long, thick, curly hair that I could do so many fun things with. I got my sweet "pretty princess" and I feel so blessed to have her. Her hair isn't thick but that is way ok. Her hair isn't curly but that is what curlers are for, right! She was finally getting long hair and even though it was stringy, at least I could find things to do with it. Then she cut it, pretty much the whole side of her head had no hair. We went to the gal down the street and she tried to fix it. It turned out to be pretty cute and as long as I fixed it, you couldn't see the chopped mess too badly. The day after she got her hair fixed she cut it again. This time it wasn't too bad and I could cover it up with a "comb over". In the next couple of weeks she cut her hair two more times.

O MY GOODNESS, what is up with her and scissors?

We went around the whole house and made sure that there was no more scissors ANYWHERE. Several months has past and her hair grows slow but it was starting to look really good and I could do more with her hair again, besides the comb over.

This past Monday I had a doctors appointment and left Kaylee and William at home with Dad. Kimball was out working in the backyard and Kaylee and William went in and out of the house a couple of times while playing. Suddenly William came running out to Kimball to explain that Kaylee had cut her hair again.

How could this happen? There are no more scissors that she could use to cut her hair. WRONG! She found "children" scissors and cut her bangs off and chopped a chunk from the back of her hair. I cried and cried some more and well, I'm still crying about it. Will she ever grow out of this stage? Why does she keep doing this? She's a girly girl. Loves to play with my makeup (a whole other story), likes to have her hair done, wants lip gloss on all the time, basically if it's girly, she likes it. So why?

I've had some moms tell me that it happens and its ok, others say how their little girls would NEVER do something like that. What am I doing wrong? Why does she keep doing this? Anyone have tips on how I can get her hair to grow faster? Thicker? To get her to stop cutting her hair?

One thing is for sure though, even with no bangs, chopped up, chunked up, short, stringy, thin hair, she's the cutest thing and I love her to pieces.

3 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Wow! Maybe she just likes to cut hair...perhaps you could get her one of those big Barbie heads to style/cut it's hair instead of her own. Katelyn and Holly both cut their hair, but only once each. So, I'm not sure what you can do to stop it...surely she will out grow it. I hope you took pictures of her after one of her "hair cuts" it may not make you laugh now but a few years from now it might.
As far as getting hair to grow thicker or longer I haven't ever heard about anything to help that. I think it is all genetics. Katelyn has super thick hair but Charity and Holly have my fine thin hair, go figure.
You are right on...no matter what her hair looks like she is SO CUTE!

I enjoyed seeing/reading about her adoption on Tori's blog. It is simply WONDERFUL!

Tori Williams said...

Lora dear, how was California?? I'm glad to see you have a blog!!! Yay!

Julie H. said...

Hi Kimball and Lora! Look who found your blog!! Cute story, but sad too. Maybe you could shave it completely off. That will show her to appreciate her hair more and not be so scissor happy. (Just kidding...I would never consider doing that!) Good luck, can't wait to see her at the reunion on the 5th.